Good day pals! Are you ready for a diminutive bit summer weekending? I’m agreeable strolling back from a few days in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco and I’ve settled on this important fact – the hotter the weather the higher the margarita tastes. With that in mind, in these very canines days of summer, I raise you the Cucumber Margarita.
I like my margaritas so colorful and sour they agreeable about construct my complete face pucker. A total bunch lime with agreeable a sweetness. Salt spherical the rim. A kick of spice or herb and bonus – cucumber! I do know – in actuality I desire a appetizing margarita salad – that’s where we’re headed with this cucumber margarita.
I had no belief I became once touchdown in the kind of diminutive bit jungle paradise in Puerto Vallarta. This week became once all about very glowing sneaky seashores, warm Pacific water, and appetizing summer cocktails that I loved liberally adequate, to be surer.
Colima is a cocktail made with tuba (a fermented cocktail drink), tequila, ardour fruit (partly on legend of I requested it in the total lot), agave, lime, and topped with apple chunks and roasted nuts. I point out – most regularly well being meals, kindly?
We also drink a few Mexican Mules, admire Moscow but with tequila and loads original ginger.
It’s the weekend wherever we are and let’s let the becoming times roll with a complete bunch lime and a fracture of cucumber and cilantro!
Here’s what you’ll must construct a Cucumber Cilantro Margarita:
• original cucumber. I like English cucumbers handiest for the explanation that rinds are element adequate to no longer gain top peel and I mediate quite quite a bit of the cucumber taste comes from the inexperienced peel.
• original cilantro. And in case you’re an “I abominate cilantro” particular person… I gain it. It’s to your DNA. Essentially feel free to head away it out.
• Contemporary lime juice. It wouldn’t be a margarita without it.
• easy syrup or agave syrup.
• Ice, a complete bunch ice.
• Silver tequila.
• Kosher salt for the rim
I like a salty rim on a rocks margarita. I line the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip in a tiny dish of kosher salt.
As soon as you don’t admire the extra sodium otherwise you win sugar, you’re bigger than welcome!
In a shaker, fracture a few cucumber slices with original cilantro (basil might maybe be unbelievable if you are taking into consideration cilantro tastes admire cleaning soap).
Smash it until the cucumbers originate some juice and the herb is huge fragrant.
Add ice, tequila, lime, and simply syrup or agave and provides it all a valid valuable shake.
Pour over extra ice on legend of a margarita must be as frigid as it is hot commence air.
I just like the diminutive flecks of cucumber and cilantro that damage by the filter and speckle the drink. Advantage from most at the moment and most regularly.
Cheers, pals! Here’s to a kick back weekend with a zippy cucumber margarita!
Cucumber Cilantro Margaritas
- Creator: Pleasure the Baker
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Whole Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cocktails 1x
- Lime juice and kosher salt
- 8 thinly sliced cucumber slices, plus extra for garnish
- 4 sprigs original cilantro, divided
- 1 cup ice cubes, plus extra for serving
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz original lime juice
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce easy syrup or agave
- 2 lime circles or wedges
- First salt the rim of two glasses by rimming the glass with lime juice and dipping it gently in kosher salt.
- Within the underside of a cocktail shaker muddle cucumber slices, two sprigs of cilantro until the cucumber releases most of it’s juices and the cilantro is fragrant. Add the ice, tequila, lime, triple sec, and agave and shake until chilled.
- Comprise the prepared glasses with ice and divide the margarita between the 2 glasses. Garnish with cucumber, the relaxation cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Keywords: margarita, cucumber, cilantro, summer, cocktail,
Photos with Jon Melendez.